Some of the town residents have been experiencing problems with consistent trash and recycling pickup, and in a meeting with me, the town’s service provider, GFL, has acknowledged their efforts have fallen short of their goals.
In response to my request for GFL to address the shortfalls, all residents have been given a $5 discount on their next quarterly bill. Additionally, GFL has asked me to communicate that they appreciate our business and our patience. They send their apologies for the recent missed pickups and they ask that we continue to give them a chance to improve.
According to our GFL Account Manager, Madison Kmetko, the company has recently improved salaries and benefits for drivers in an effort to retain their strongest employees, and they are working with their drivers to help create more reliable service for the town.
Please always call or email Director Bird (Gbird@tomv.org and 720-255-9130) for the Town Hall main number (303-421-7282) if you notice a bin has been missed so that we can track the service and also send the driver back to correct the problem as soon as possible.
The trash company also offers the following tips to ensure the best service from GFL:
• Please have carts out for service by 7 a.m.
• Service will be completed by 7 p.m.
• Please place carts for service two feet apart and at least six feet from any obstruction.
• It’s vitally important that residents do their part in keeping alleyways unblocked.
• Blocked alleyways will result in restricted service.
• If you’re having work done, make sure contractors do not block alleyways on trash days.
• Be mindful of low-hanging wires or broken branches due to extreme weather.
Thank you, and please let me know if you have questions or comments. The trash and recycling service the town provides for residents is very important to me.