On-demand participation is now available for government, as Lakewood has rolled out a website for participating in city council meetings and discussions without needing to attend a meeting or public hearing.
Lakewood Speaks provides residents and community members the opportunity to review council agenda items and comment on-demand when it’s convenient to them. Material for agenda items on the regular city council meetings is available for review and comment now at LakewoodSpeaks.org.
Lakewood Speaks offers the following options:
• Watch recorded videos of staff and other presentations.
• Read staff reports and other documents.
• Review any maps and other materials related to an agenda item.
• Ask questions of and receive responses from staff.
• Submit comments to City Council to be included in the public record.
• Use mobile smartphones, tablets or computers for all these options.
• View materials for public hearings 10 days prior to the meeting and make comments online until 24 hours prior to a meeting.