By Sally Griffith
If you are looking for a penthouse, row home or condominium that overlooks Sloan’s Lake, there are still many units to choose from at Lakehouse, under construction at 4202 W. 17th Ave.
NAVA Real Estate Development is working to make Lakehouse the first residential project in the state to pursue the WELL Building Standard. Lakehouse has floor-to-ceiling windows and balconies that maximize natural light and offer views the mountains, the lake or downtown Denver. The design of Lakehouse represents modern comfort with a blend of glass, stone, steel and wood. There are a large number of extra services and amenities designed to provide recreation, food and health-focused services.
In addition to striving to be a beautiful place, Lakehouse is piloting the WELL Building Standard. This standard certifies programs that integrate human health and wellness into the design, construction, maintenance and operations of the community. Working with nonprofit Realwell, NAVA uses evidence-based medical and scientific research combined with best practices in design and construction to create a place where residents have the tools to live healthier and happier lives. Lakehouse uses WELL’s seven key elements:
- Air: Fresh air improves heart and lung functions, so Lakehouse units will all have open-air balconies and patios. A sophisticated air-filtration system will be used throughout the community.
- Water: Living near water can be calming and Sloan’s Lake’s proximity provides stunning views of its calming waters. In addition, Lakehouse offers several hydration stations around the community. The UV-filtering of the pool and hot tub will reduce exposure to pathogens.
- Nourishment: An on-site urban farm will give residents access to fresh vegetables that can prepared and stored in the Harvest Room. Indoor/outdoor kitchens and state-of-the-art juicing stations will be available.
- Light: All units are designed to maximize natural light and views. Blackout and solar shades are used to promote sleep.
- Fitness: A lap pool and hot tub are available. The Wellness Center has a fitness lab, dry sauna, and yoga and meditation studio.
- Comfort: Lakehouse is designed for thermal, visual and acoustical comfort leading to a quiet and peaceful environment, which includes an outdoor fire pit.
- Mind: Residents have a number of serene places including beautiful landscaping, a meditation garden and a creative workshop.
Additional amenities include lobby attendants, business center, guest suite, pet spa and electric vehicle charging stations. Parking spaces are included in the cost of each unit.
Of the 196 units in Lakehouse, over 20 percent have been sold, with available homes priced from the low $500,000s to $3.3 million, according to Paul Suter of Suter Media Relations. Project completion is expected in 2019.